Dental Implants — Midtown East, NY
Rebuild Your Smile from Root to Crown
Are you missing one or more of your natural teeth? This loss can be devastating for anyone, resulting in diminished function, damaged oral health, and crumbling self-confidence. In fact, many patients find it hard to smile at themselves in the mirror. While there are traditional restorative solutions out there for patients to choose from, they can be an unsatisfying and pale imitation of their original, strong smile. While we can’t turn back the clock, the team at Dr. Aaronson & Associates is proud to offer the next best thing: dental implants. If you’d like to schedule an implant consultation with our expert doctors, please don’t hesitate to contact our Midtown East location today.
Why Choose Dr. Aaronson & Associates for Dental Implants?
- Places Dental Implants Entirely In-House
- Trained Team of Dentists with Years of Clinical Experience
- Flexible Financing Options Available
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium post that is placed directly into the jawbone in order to mimic the root structure of a lost tooth. This is then attached to a metal support called an abutment, and this is topped with a natural-looking all-porcelain dental restoration in order to fully replace the tooth. Once fully healed, you can expect your tooth replacement to feel and function almost exactly like a real tooth. Whether you’re showing off your smile, eating your favorite food, or practicing oral care, you’ll be surprised how difficult it is to distinguish dental implants from your natural teeth!
The Dental Implant Process
If you’re looking to replace teeth that are missing or will be extracted shortly, we welcome you to schedule a consultation here at our midtown Manhattan location. Dr. Theodore Aaronson, Dr. Maxim Podolsky, and Dr. Sara Menashehoff are dedicated to providing patients with specialized, comprehensive care that helps them feel great about the health and happiness of their smile.
During your initial consultation, we determine whether you have enough bone density to successfully accommodate the placement of dental implants. If not, we recommend additional procedures like bone grafting that make implants a viable option for you.
The first step in the dental implant process is surgical placement. As a skilled periodontist, Dr. Podolsky inserts the implants into the patient's mouth. Patients then need four to five months for the implant to integrate into the bone. Once the process is complete, you’ll return to our practice to receive a new, custom-made restoration.
One of the benefits of choosing dental implants from our exceptional New York staff is that, unlike many other dentists in the area, we don’t have to refer our patients to outside specialists for the surgical procedure. Instead, you can enjoy every step of the process with the same friendly faces and familiar, comfortable atmosphere.
Benefits of Dental Implants
It’s easy to assume that your teeth are fully composed of the white, visible material that makes up your smile. This is called the crown, and while it’s an important part of the structure, it’s not alone – there’s also a tooth root hidden beneath the gum line. When a natural tooth is lost, the lack of a tooth root negatively affects the mandible, leading to deterioration over time. This can result in consequences for both the patient’s health and their aesthetic appearance, even if they’re wearing a restorative appliance.
While dental bridges and removable dentures replace the crown of the tooth, dental implants are the sole reconstructive solution that actually replicates the entire structure of the tooth in a seamless fashion. This not only protects the health of the mandible and maxilla, but leads to a much more lifelike and confident fit for the patient.
When you choose dental implants in Midtown East to replace your missing teeth, you can expect to reap a number of other significant benefits as well, including:
- High success rate: Implants are successful in over 95 percent of cases!
- Decades of confident smiles: If you care for them properly, your implants may very well last for the rest of your life.
- Easy daily life: Implants allow you to eat practically anything, and caring for them is simple. You should be able to brush and floss according to your normal routine.
- Natural-looking restorations: Crowns, bridges, and dentures are custom-made to resemble teeth almost exactly.
- Benefits for your natural teeth: Implants can prevent your remaining natural teeth from drifting out of place and spare them from excessive wear and tear.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Implants may be a viable treatment option for you whether you’ve lost one tooth, several teeth, or an entire arch of teeth. This makes dental implants the most versatile tooth replacement solution available in dentistry today.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Certain factors determine whether dental implants are a viable option for a patient, such as the height and thickness of their jawbone, their dental health, as well as their overall health. We can evaluate all of these things using a comprehensive exam at your initial consultation, and we’ll also be able to give you a better idea of what your particular implant process will be like.
Missing One Tooth
If you have lost just one tooth, Dr. Aaronson will provide you with a single, custom-made crown to go on top of a single implant. The implant is more than capable of holding the crown entirely on its own, meaning there is no need to modify existing enamel.
Missing Multiple Teeth
If you’re missing several teeth in a row, an implant bridge might be ideal for you. These work in much the same way as traditional bridges, but they gain their strength and sturdiness from implants rather than from abutment teeth.
Missing All Teeth
For individuals with extensive tooth loss, an implant denture might be perfect. The number of implants required to support this type of prosthesis varies from case to case, but Dr. Podolsky will carefully plan your surgery and place the implants strategically so your procedure is as minimally invasive as possible.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Dental implants are by far the best option in tooth replacement, and they are also often the one that costs the most. However, whatever the cost of dental implants in Midtown East, your dentist wants you to know they are well worth the investment. Nothing else provides a replacement that comes quite as close to your natural tooth structure. Learn more about why dental implants are the best financial decision you could make!
What You Will Pay for Dental Implants
The total cost of a dental implant procedure will vary based on several factors, including how healthy your jawbone is, how many teeth you need to have replaced, and the location of your missing teeth.
- Jawbone health: This is important because dental implants require plenty of healthy bone structure for proper anchoring. If the teeth have been missing for a longer period of time, you may have already experienced degeneration that can make it difficult for the bone to fuse with the dental implants. A bone grafting procedure will increase the volume, and will also add to the total cost of your dental implants.
- How many teeth are missing: Of course, the number of teeth you have lost will also significantly impact the cost of your dental implants. Implant posts can be used to retain a single crown, a bridge, or a denture. You will not need an individual post for each missing tooth, though -- often, a strategic number of implants can support a complete denture.
- Where the teeth are located: The location of the gaps in the smile will also affect the cost of your implant procedure, as those in the front require a more complex approach due to aesthetic concerns.
Given all of these considerations, there is no one-size-fits-all estimate for the cost of dental implants in Midtown East. Each individual implant post may be priced between $1,000 to $3,000 -- without considering the additional cost of any necessary preparatory procedures.
To get a better idea of just how much you should budget for a dental implant procedure, schedule a consultation with your implant dentist at Dr. Aaronson & Associates. Your dentist will evaluate your oral health and discuss your tooth replacement needs to give you a precise estimate.